The thoughts of buying for dads, brothers, and men in general usually puts me at lost. That’s because we often think with our own desires, and it's clearly not what they want. So for a moment, see these guys as individuals without judgments. Don’t try to make sense of their wants and needs. Most guys want tech stuff, which are toys for men other than home improvement tools. So think technology, electronics, internet, and you’re half way there.
1) High Speed Internet: By far one of the most useful item in our household is the Internet, but like him, I am wishing for a better internet provider. We’ve had the same internet provider for years, and you would think our bill should be lesser by the year, or at least stay the same. No, the bill keeps going higher, and the service less reliable. So a more reasonable and consistent internet provider would be a dream come true.
3) Sound System: Whether a new sound system for the TV or stereo system, new options and. Remember that this is a list for the guys and what guys dig getting, so nothing about making sense. They love tech stuff and electronic toys.
4) Phone Upgrade: Who wouldn’t want the latest version? Me, but that is because I am lazy of changing over… Guys are like children; somehow they always find time to fiddle with their toys.
5) Games: I catch SO playing games on his phone once in a while. I think sometimes they just need downtime. Just like how women watches soap opera, or TV shows, they play games. So why not get him a good game that you think he would love play?
7) Concert Tickets: When was the last time he went to a concert? He must have a favorite band that will bring back some of good old memories. I don’t think SO would refused to go to a concert if he was given tickets to one of his favorite bands.
8) Fitness Membership Gym: This gift is special, it speaks love. Giving him a membership is a way of taking care of him indirectly. It’s amazing how many people will exercise if they have a membership to a gym. It’s a psychological thing that once you paid for something, you feel obligated to use it.
9) Massages: Oh my goodness, this is one of the best gifts, if they can ever get there. So instead of a one time thing, last year I gave SO a whole booklet. I thought it would be better since having a booklet will give him a sense of continuous indulgence. What’s more, sometimes I could even share a session from it. He was thrilled when he got his booklet.
11) Trips: A romantic trip all planned for you and him. Yes, so it is his turn to plan. If you took this on, he would thank you for it. I am sure many of the guys want to do this for their woman, but don’t know what she likes, so this is just something that would be wonderful for both of you, plus it will ease his guilt of planning.
Here are a couple of bonuses for those of you who are rolling in the “dol ,euro, or pounds!
Are you surprised what came up on the list?
Here are Self Sagacity's Thursday Two Questions #169
1) What does the guy or guys in your life want, brother, son, significant other?
2) Is there an item or items on the list that you have gotten or would get for your guy(s)?
Message about Thursday Two Questions: Since I have been enjoying the shares from week to week, whether it's motivation, or tutorials, questions, recipes, or ranting from the commentators. I am open to ANYTHING you wish to link, so link-up and thanks for stopping by. Smiles