Thailand Flower Garlands is part of Thailand's culture. You can see the flower garlands selling at the street markets. Malai is a garland of fresh flowers such as jasmine, canna, gardenia, globe amaranth, and crown flowers created in different styles and arrangements. Puang Malai were used as offerings to Buddha, as well as in weddings. Brides and bridegrooms wore Malais around their necks for the ceremonies. They are sometimes used as souvenirs or gifts.
Puang Malai can get very elaborate and magnificent depending on the design, colors and how much flowers are used. The arrangements and craftsmanship are just breathless. If you have a chance look them up on Google and you will see what I mean. The flower garlands or necklaces shown here are one of the most simplest designs, but these were complimentary from the hotel we stayed atin Bangkok, so no complains. They are made of Crown Flowers and Mini Roses. Below are the steps in how to make a Crown Flowers and Mini Rose necklace.
Materials: 50 Fresh Crown Flowers, 5 Fresh Red Mini Roses, Thread or durable type of string, or rope. Needle - with large enough hole for your string.
Steps How to Make Crown Flowers and Mini Roses Necklace / Garland :
1) Measure the string long enough around your neck for a long necklace.
2) Start stringing the crown flowers and pull them down to the end of the string. String 10 crown flowers.
3) After the 10th crown flower, string a mini rose.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the string is filled with all the flowers.
5) The finish look should have 5 red mini roses and 50 crown flowers.
Here are Self Sagacity's Thursday Two Questions #165
1) Have you ever seen a Puang Malai in person before?
2) Do you like wearing necklaces?
Message about Thursday Two Questions: Since I have been enjoying the shares from week to week, whether it's motivation, or tutorials, questions, recipes, or ranting from the commentators. I am open to ANYTHING you wish to link, so link-up and thanks for stopping by. Smiles