When selecting the papaya make sure you pick a firm one and that it is still green. The yellow papayas are usually too ripe already.
- 12 cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined. You can tell, I am not shy about adding my favorite food, seafood. Thereafter, you can slice the shrimp in half, or use the whole shrimp.
- 1 & 1/2 lbs of pre-shredded green papaya salad. Normally, I would hand-chop the green papaya into long strips, but this last time I just bought the pre-shredded green papaya at the grocery store.
- 1 chopped red pepper.
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, cut by the floral.
- 2 table spoons of scallions.
- 1 cup of peppermint leaves, cut finely.
- 2 tablespoons of roasted salted peanuts.
You can't go wrong adding Shredded Green Papaya Salad to the menu, or Watercress and Bean Sprout Stir Fry by Raw Thoughts and Feelings if you're in need of a salad for dinner. It is also a great dish for lunch since it is light. Normally this dish is served with chicken satay in Thai restaurants.
Thanks for visiting me today.