Canh Chua Ca Bong Lau - Catfish Spicy Sour Soup Recipe
Her soups were the comforts on those late nights. Mom can't cook for me now, so I try to duplicate the taste on my own. Even though it tastes pretty good, it isn't the same because it doesn't come with mama's love. So the recipe is below if you want to try and make this soup yourself.
--1 catfish (cleaned and cut into filets at 1 1/4 inches thick)
--3 tomatoes red
--1 lb bean sprout
--3 stalks of celery cut into one inch pieces (substituted from alocasia odora)
--1/2 of a pinapple or a can of chunky pineapple
--1 table spoon of tamarin powder
--1 bundle of thorny coriander
--1 bundle of cilantro chopped into half inch
--2 stalks of green onion
--1 cup corn starch
--3 red pepper, or red garlic chilly
--1 can chicken broth
--salt + fish sauce + sugar
Preparation: 1) Prepare all the vegetables 2) Cook the soup base 3) Add all the vegetables 4) Garnish the soup with herbs
2) Please see how to prepare the broth on Asparagus Crab meat Soup
3) Drop in the hard vegetables first, for example celery and similar.
4) Drop in the fish and cook until tender.
5) Now drop in the softer vegetables and bring to a boil. Turn off heat immediately after the boil.
6) Garnish with basil, or cilantro.