There are times when certain food hits the spot...I have cravings for soup almost all the time, but a certain kind tends to be more appealing frequently. When I crave for the Asparagus & Crab Meat Soup, also called: Soup Mang Tay Cua, it isn't easy to just whip-up. You need all the ingredients, but the main ones are crab meat, asparagus, and eggs.
Shown in the photo above is the Asparagus & Crab Meat Soup / Mang Tay Cua soup broth without the crab meat, which I named Asparagus Egg Drop soup. It is what I have to settle for sometimes when I have no crab meat. My sister Koko made some Soup Mang Tay Cua recently and kind enough to share the photos with me so I am updating this post today, Yay!
Below is the recipe for Soup Mang Tay Cua, Asparagus Crab Meat Soup. If you don't have crab meat, you can just skip it and therefore making it Asparagus Egg Drop soup.
Ingredients: 4 cups chicken broth, 1 tbl fish sauce & 3 teaspoons, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbl vegetable oil, 3 shallots, 8 ounces crab meat, 1* black pepper, 2 tbl cornstarch, 1 egg, 15 ounces fresh asparagus, 1 tbl coriander, 1 tbl scallions, green onion.
1) Add 4 cups of chicken broth to a medium size pot.
2) Add the fresh asparagus to the chicken broth and cook until almost tender. If you are only using white can, asparagus and mushroom (shown below), add them after the green fresh asparagus is almost tender.
3) Add the fish sauce, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a skillet. Add the shallots and stir fry until aromatic and the remainder 2 teaspoon of fish sauce, salt and black pepper. Stir fry over high heat for one minute then add the crab meat, and set aside.
- How to make the cornstarch mixture, this is important. In a separate bowl, pour in two table spoons of cornstarch, add cold water slowly until the mixture is slightly liquid.
- How to add eggs, I like to have the eggs ready before I pour them into the soup, it is easier. Crack your eggs, and lightly beat it first, set it aside until you are ready to use it.
Thanks for stopping by today.