If you want a more challenging little project, try the angel cut-out decoration for Valentine's Day. It is adorable and takes about five minutes to put together.
The Bee Pencil Topper is so easy to make and so cute.
For Valentine's Day you can write "Bee Mine" on his antennas, or just leave them plain for a cute bee craft!
Age: 5 and up. Black and yellow pipe cleaners• Pencil
• Construction paper
• Wire cutters or kitchen scissors
• Google eyes (optional)
Here's how you make it...
1. Place your pencil in the middle of the black pipe cleaner.
2. Wrap both ends of your pipe cleaner around the top of the pencil, working your way up to the top and leaving the two ends loose at the top (for the antennae).
3. Cut your yellow pipe cleaner in half (you will only use half at the most). Starting at the bottom, wrap your yellow pipe cleaner all the way up to the top of the pencil. If you have some let at the top just cut it off.
4. Glue on some googlies eyes, or if you don't have any just cut out white circles from paper. If you are making this for Valentine's day you can cut out two small hearts and write "Bee" and "Mine" on the hearts and glue them to your bee's antennae.
This Love Tree is an adorable Valentine Craft that can be made in many variations. Make it big or small, leave as is, or add special words to each heart-shaped leaf. A great craft for any age!Level of Difficulty: Easy
Here's what you'll need...• Construction paper
• Twine or yarn
Here's how you make it...
1. Cut five lengths of your twine (or more if you want more branches). Glue them in a row onto a piece of construction paper. We left some little 'tails' at the bottom to make roots for our tree. Glue them as long as you'd like your tree trunk.
2. To make your first branch split off one piece of twine from the trunk and glue in place.
3. Keep gluing the remaining pieces of twine up straight, splitting off pieces as you work your way up the tree. Split one from the right, then the left, then the right and so on.
4. Cut out hearts from construction paper and glue onto your tree.There are so many possible variations for this craft.
You can make your tree small and make a beautiful homemade valentine. Larger trees may be easier for Preschoolers and kindergartners, who may also may need to make their trunks and branches with brown construction paper.
If you're giving your Love Tree as a Valentine you can write words on each heart leaf that describe why you love your Valentine. Or, children can write the names of the people they love on each leaf. Be creative!
Thanks for stopping by today. Pink Saturday,
Both of these crafts and more can be found at:http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com