Newspaper advertisement after billboard after commercial emblazes the public with a plethora of ways to dress to impress on a budget, to feed your family with five dollar meal deals, and consolidate our internet and cable bills into one low monthly payment. But why stop there? You’ve wanted to swap out those old wooden cabinets with new, colorful sheet-glass cabinets, but feel that the price for the materials and installation would far exceed your budget. You have reached out to contractors and had your feelings hurt once they’ve afforded you a quote for your kitchen to be remodeled. It’s time for you take matters into your own hands and feel happy when the task is accomplished.
Give your cabinets a makeover
Consider your cabinets the teeth of your home. You must reveal them to your visitors regardless of whether or not they are in good condition. You expose them during social events and broadcast them brightly as the sun gleams. Maintain them or have your friends and associates turn their faces away from you to attenuate their discriminating and nervous expressions.
You can save thousands on cabinet makeover with simple, subtle paint finishes and additions:
- Hang colorful and fun wallpaper behind a glass-front cabinet to highlight and distinguish.
- Paint the interior of your glass-front cabinets to match or contrast the colors of your kitchen.
- Buy a can of chalkboard paint (prices vary between $11.00-$16.00) and spray an old cabinet for a brand new style and message board.
- Remove the doors of your cabinets to insinuate a much larger and breathable kitchen and cabinet space.
- To update your cabinets to a more modern, trendy appeal, replace the traditional cabinetry knobs with tubular bar pulls for a more stylish look.
Designs are bountiful in terms of wall coverings. The styles are as unique as you are so be sure to take your time in finding the perfect match for you and your living space. Reflective, vinyl-coated wallpaper for the retro hipster, leather tile and iron curtains for the industrialist, cork and cork veneer for jagged and non-conforming types, and simple wood veneers for those that want more modern looking wall coverings, the styles continue limitlessly.
Take the time to carefully plan your home upgrade and find the styles that reflect your vision and what you want to be perceived. Make the process fun and enjoyable and most importantly, budget friendly. Take a weekend and reproduce or resurrect your home. Your home is your canvas.