Are you looking for a scrumptious and irresistible dessert to serve at a party? If you're not into baking, that's ok. There are ways for us to shine without using the oven for those decadent flavors. So let's get going with the No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Candy Bars.
If you're looking for something less decadent, check out these awesome recipes of nutty chocolatee treats:
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar · 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 tsp vanilla extract · 2 cups all purpose flour
· 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (no need to get out every last drop)
· 1 12-ounce bag (about 2 cups) mini chocolate chips 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pencan Save this portion for the frosting
· 1 12-ounce bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Whip the butter, sugar and salt together until fluffy and creamy.
2. Mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Pour in the can of condensed milk, then flour, alternately, mixing after each addition.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Spray a 8x8 square baking pan with cooking oil and line it with parchment paper with long ends so you can lift out the bars for easy cutting later.
5. Turn the dough out into the pan and pat down evenly with your hands. You may want to flour your hands as the dough is sticky. Smooth it out evenly, use a spatula to finish the job.
6. Cover and refrigerate until firm, (about 4 hours) or even overnight if you like. The texture will be similar to a fudge.
7. To make the chocolate topping, put the semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave for one minute. Stir, and then return to the microwave for short bursts of 15 seconds until the chocolate is totally smooth and melted. Don't over heat.
8. Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes, and then pour onto the dough. Spread out evenly. Return the dish to the refrigerator until the topping is firm.
9. Cut into 16 squares.
10. Keep the bars in the refrigerator until ready to eat.