Rainbow noodles and chicken breast nuggets. A simple meal for me to prepare and fun for the kids to eat. I noticed with most dishes, my daughter only likes the basic ingredients. So instead of cooking the usual time consuming recipe I opted for the easy, shortcut route.
Every once in a while I get in the mood to try new ingredients that would spark up new ideas for cooking the same ingredients. With kids, you can't go wrong with chicken breast and pasta. I found these rainbow macaroni in the grocery store and thought I would give it a go. The recipe is below.
1 cup of rainbow macaroni
1 chicken breast
1 table spoon of Pesto sauce
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 table spoon of olive oil
1) boil the macaroni until soft. drain and rinse.
2) mix the Pesto sauce with the the macaroni and set aside.
3) cut the chicken breast in one inch chunks.
4) put one tablespoon of oil into a pan and heat-up.
5) drop the pieces of chicken breast meat in the hot oiled pan, cook until the meat turn tan.
6) stir the macaroni together in the pan of chicken chunks.
7) salt to taste.
8) cook for 6 minutes, remove from heat and enjoy.