So many things ran through my mind at once that it was difficult to keep things in check. Obviously I was still responsible for what was left of my car, and I was calm enough to remember the name of the body shop that I've used before. The body shop owner was very helpful. She gave me some pointers and referred me to a personal injury attorney. I knew I was not in the condition to deal with the accident’s mess so I went for a consultation.
Consulting a lawyer is one of the most important steps after an accident. I am thankful for what they've done for me, and the tasks they have handled. There are many steps involved and having someone on your side is crucial. So protect yourself, print out the list below and put it in your car, or copy it to your smart phones so that you can refer to them in case of an accident.
10 Things to Consider After Car Accident
1. Stay calm. Remain at the scene and in a safe place.
2. Check that all drivers are safe and if an ambulance is required.
3. Exchange information, names and insurance info.
4. If the accident happened on a freeway, call 911.
5. Pull out your cell phone and take photos of the accident scene, cars, license plate, insurance cards, road conditions, and skid marks.
6. Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police.
7. If a tow is needed; call a towing service or a body shop where your car can be repaired.
8. If the accident is on a private property, or after the police has written the report, call your insurance company.
9. Depending on the accident, but if you feel necessary, seek assistance with personal injury lawyers of Solomon & Jeffries.
10. Go to your doctor and get checked-out.