Do you take good care of your feet? Generally, most people neglect their feet. Yet the feet comprised of some of the most sensitive nerves in your body. For a list of Nerves in the Foot check the Dummies.com
I have outlined some tips below that will help you take better care of your feet. Healthy feet are not just for appearances alone, but they can do wonders for you mentally. Keep them clean, moist and soft, and in return, they will give you a lot more miles.
6 Basic How To Care for Your Feet Tips
1) Moisturize Your Feet: Feet tend to get neglected, dried out and rough due to the constant use every day. Moisturizing your feet will keep them soft and less dry. The result of not moisturizing your feet will cause your feet to accumulate more dead skin and callus. Additionally, the build-up of dead skin and cracked heals will eventually need to be scraped off and / or professional help to get rid of them.
2) Get Pedicures: Pedicures are pure indulgence. I am not just talking about the pampering part, but pedicures are also necessary for hygiene reasons as well. A good pedicurist will trim your toe nails; clean your feet and the surrounding of your toe nails, and remove the dead skin that has hardened on your feet. Pedicures are important not only for the physical appearance but also for some “me” or mental down time. You will be amazed with how a great a 45 minutes pedicure will do for your feet as well as your attitude.
3) Foot Baths: Add essential oils to a warm tub of water and give your feet a good 30 minutes soaking time. If you don’t have the fancy oils on hand, just add six to ten drops of baby oil to the warm tub of water. Remember how nice a long warm bath feels? A foot bath is even more luxurious. When you seclude this area of your body to give it care, it is one of the best treatments you can give your body besides food. After all, you have used your feet all day, so it is time to give it back some love and care.
4) Wear Added Protection: Any time your shoes are uncomfortable, consider adding insoles to them. There are so many different types of padding and insoles for shoes to help make them more comfortable. Select the aid for the appropriate areas of your feet. For example: if your heel is often the sensitive area, then search for padded insoles made specifically for the heels to relieve the pain or tension. For a few bucks, you will be much more comfortable and happy.
5) Exercise Your Feet: By now hopefully you’ve realized what a great friend your feet are to you, and how you should take extra special care of them. As with most of your body parts, they get tire from the constant use. It is harder to tell with your feet, but they are the major components for your legs, knees and thighs. Neglecting them might cause the other areas of your body grief later on in life. Try to stretch them in the evenings, or do some simple ankle rotations so that they are nice and relaxed.
6) Get Foot Massages: Where I live, there are places that offer straight foot massages and nothing else. I wonder if this trend as caught up around the country, how about in your area? The spas are growing like Starbucks, there is a shop in almost every shopping center now. They specialized in foot massages and treatments only. For around $15, $20 you can get someone to massage and lotion your feet for 45-60 minutes. You will leave feeling like a million bucks. Seriously, the foot masseuse will massage the your feet's nerves (tibial nerve, common fibular nerve, sural nerve, etc.) that will help keep the rest of your body in a healthier state.