I am happiest when I am producing. Accomplishments are one of my drives to live. So not being able to focus has been depressing me. I searched online for ways to stay focused, and would like to share them with you today. I started with the article from wikihow.com, (the link is below). The starred ones are from the article, but had been rewritten (reworded) by me. The non-starred ones are my contributions and are ways that I have used over and over again for myself when I get distracted.
10 Ways to Stay Focused Self Checks
*1) Make sure your desk is uncluttered. Clear-out the items that could distract you from your work.
2) Write down your tasks / goals and make sure they can be checked off, or erased. Measurable.
3) Prioritize your tasks. Divide them into categories if necessary.
*4) Clarify your goals / tasks and remember the driving force.
5) Know how long each task will take and set a time limit for it.
*6) Exercise your will power! Don't stray from the tasks.
*7) Repeat your "focus mantra." Live it, smell it, and work towards it everyday.
8) Reward yourself. A little treat now and then helps perhaps a delicious cup of Frappuccino?
9) Get adequate rest. People tend to focus better when they have enough sleep.
*10) Procrastination is the thief of time. Avoid delaying since it will only steal your time from other goals.
So what do you think of these items?
Here are Self Sagacity's Thursday Two Questions Meme #122
1) What do you do to stay focused?
2) Do use any of the items, or have suggestions for a new one?
Copy ENTIRE Code
By the way please remember to add me to your circles.Thanks!
Before you link-up, 1) make sure you read the Thursday Two Questions Details Page, 2) you have Two Questions of your own that you posted, or use the Thursday Two Questions from Self Sagacity 3) visit at least two participants and answer their questions - that is how you will create a bond and friendship. Links are monitored & spam will be removed. Thanks for joining us today.
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and those who humbles himself will be exalted. Forgive my failures and omissions and draw me closer to you.