Blogging 101: Some of us like to be organized with our blogs, and not only that, we want our readers to be able to find the information quickly. Or do we? All blogs are not alike so each blog should have a couple of pages that are customized to some degree. It isn't like school girl costume for adults, where the typical look is short plaid skirts with a white shirt.
So one of the first things a blog owner might try to implement is a navigation menu or a pages gadget, which will help readers get around your site with ease. I have many tabs on my menu, and they all are there to help speed up the process of finding posts. But here are the top ten pages some bloggers think is essential to have.
10 Essential Pages a blog should have:
1) About Us
2) Contact Us
3) Advertise with Us
4) FAQ Page
5) Disclaimer Page
6) Services Page- What services or products you offer
7) Most Popular Page
8) Press Page: where blog has been featured
9) 404 Page: a Customized error directing page, what to do: contact us, where should you go from here: to popular posts.
10) Site Map / Archive Page – site map is important to search engines.
Here are Self Sagacity's Thursday Two Questions #30
1) Do you agree with this list?
2) What other pages or menu labels should a blog have?
Before you link-up, 1) make sure you read the Thursday Two Questions Details Page, 2) you have a link back to Thursday Two Questions, 3) and that you have your own Two Questions, or theme related. Links are monitored, spam will be removed. Thanks for joining us today.