This is a dish for the veggie and meatless lovers. What more, the two main ingredients are my two favorite vegetables, asparagus and baby spinach. The trick in this salad is to cook the veggies enough but still leaving raw and crunchy. As I don't have to tell you that eating raw veggies are much better for you in terms of getting the most out of their nutritious values.
* 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
* 1 bag of baby spinach
* 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
* 1 red onion
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 1 container of grape tomatoes
* 1 bag of fresh bean sprouts
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) cut the asparagus into two inch sections diagonally is optional. 2) heat your favorite le creuset pan and the 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. 3) Drop in the asparagus and move it around for about three minutes. 4) Now add in the red onion and keep stir for 1 minute. 5) Important - turn off the heat. 7) Add the rest in this order; tomatoes, baby spinach and beansprouts. 6) Salt and Pepper to taste. 7) Sprinkle on the lemon zest.
Thanks for stopping by today.